Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Links

Or: I sorta forgot it was Saturday.

But since I've had two longer posts the last two weeks, I think it's time for a shorter post. So lately I've been researching this whole querying thing. And lemme tell you: It's TERRIFYING. I would love to tell you I have it all figured out, but honestly, it's scary and sometimes confusing, and I know it's going to be hard - but I know it'll be worth it in the end. Even if nothing ever comes out of it, I know it'll be worth it to have tried.

Anyways, how about some links? Let's do this vaguely in order, shall we?

First: Are you ready to query?

How do you write a query? This is a series of posts, one, two, three, four, and five. I think they're very well-written and easy to understand.

Okay, so you wrote a query letter. Now what? Now you go and read Query Shark and make your query BETTER. If you're really brave, you'll submit it to QS, or to BookEnds' query workshop.

So now where do you go to FIND agents? I like QueryTracker. They also have links to a lot of helpful sites.

And that's all I have for now. But... I think I'll take some requests. What do you guys want to see me talk about?

Peace and cookies,
Laina

(Also, I got this out before midnight, so it totally counts as being on Saturday.)